Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Vegan Hair Dyes

I was recently asked about what hair dye I use by a girl I met at Sephora, and truth be told, I use the least desirable "vegan" option.  But the reason I'm posting today is because I do want to change that, and share what I find with you guys.

I'm currently using Revlon hair dye, which is technically cruelty-free (but the parent company obviously isn't).  It's cheap, it's easy to find, and it doesn't bleed much, which is important when you dye your hair black all the time.  I've heard that the other options available to me tend to bleed, which is probably because they're stains, not horrible chemicals to slather on my scalp, which is pretty close to my brain.

A simple google search led me to a blog post about vegan hair dyes.  This was posted in December of 2010, and yet this has never popped up for me as a search result.. it was meant to be.  I suggest you all go and read her article.  I'm going to look into the LUSH Henna dyes more because they're the easiest for me to get my hands on, but I think I'm going to end up going the Manic Panic or Special Effects route..

Fellow vegans, what hair dyes do you use?  I'm not even necessarily going to crazy color, I tend to keep things calm and black, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment