Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Nutmeg & Coconut Milk Mask // I thought I was so clever.

I had read somewhere that Nutmeg was great for use in a face mask so one night when my skin was feeling particularly unhappy, I decided that it was time to give it a go.  I combined it with coconut milk, and was very happy with my results.  I thought that I was terribly brilliant until I gave "nutmeg coconut milk mask" a search on google and found this.

I was a little disappointed to find her doing just about the same thing as me (with the exception of using some poor, unsuspecting cow's milk instead of some poor, unsuspecting coconut's) but over a year before I thought I'd invented some great new mask.

OH WELL.  Let's veganize it & make it better, shall we?

1/2 tbsp ground nutmeg
1 tbsp coconut milk (whole fat & plain is going to be the most nourishing; I used the kind that you use as a milk replacer, but feel free to get the kind commonly used in cooking)

Mix these two items together in a small bowl to create a runny paste.  Yes, I'm aware that runny and paste are contradictory.  Slather the mixture all over your face, taking care to distribute your ground nutmeg as evenly as possible.  Massage all over for a good minute or two, and enjoy the delicious smell of nutmeg (and coconut milk if you're into that sort of thing).  Rinse with warm water and pat dry.  I found this left my skin very happy, but follow it up with the appropriate moisturizer if your face feels tight or dry.  Do this once a week to maintain that beautiful, hydrated, exfoliated glow.

FTC:  I bought the nutmeg, and there is a chance that j0hn bought the coconut milk.  I am not affiliated with the blog I linked too.  These are my honest opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment