Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Review & Vegan Insight: Dr. Brandt's Pores No More Moisturizer

I have particular atrocities with my skin directly related to my combination/oily skin type.  I get a little.. shiny in my t-zone and my pores are huge.  I've had a pore on my cheek next to my nose that has been huge for years.  I'd given up all hope on it.  Then my lovely co-worker, Susan, made me a sample of Dr. Brandt's Pores No More.  I'll try anything, even if I don't end up buying it, just so I have the knowledge to tell a client how it went for me.

I tried the sample, which lasted me about a week, and now I am literally in a vegan-researching panic because my sample is nearly out and I am positively in LOVE with this product.  No one seemed to have a definite answer because it appeared vegan & cruelty-free but none of us knew for sure.  Our skin care educator was in today and I attacked him with questions (poor guy).  He told meeee:

[paraphrased]  Dr. Brandt is both vegan* & cruelty free.  He synthesizes ingredients in lab because natural (animal) sources are both cruelly obtained and terribly inconsistent.  Consistency is a HUGE deal to him.  The only reason he doesn't get certified is because he uses honey in a couple of products and therefore is technically not vegan.

After that, he and I had a conversation about why honey is cruel to obtain and he was actually quite shocked.

So, on to the actual product.  I absolutely love the Dr. Brandt's Pore No More moisturizer, and I now want the whole line.  It has done so much for my skin in such a short amount of time.  I will definitely be purchasing, despite the hefty price tag.  It's $55 for 1.7oz.  I'd like to say a little goes a long way, but use is about what you expect.  It's still worth it to me, it's that good.

If you're interested in it, but don't want to spend $55 on one item, pick up the Pores No More Travel Kit that includes trial sizes of the cleanser, the toner and the moisturizer.  I'm interested in the whole line, but I'm really happy with how it's working with my current skin care, which includes the Beauty Without Cruelty AHA Facial Cleanser.

No comments:

Post a Comment