Friday, March 23, 2012

Top Five Eyeliners!

I wear a lot of eyeliner.  j0hn wears even MORE eyeliner than I do, so I asked him to give his opinions on this post.  These are in no particular order.

1.  Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eyeliner in Perversion - $19
http://www.urbandecay.com/perversion-eye-pencil

These really are some of the best eyeliners out there.  They're less than $20, they have insane staying power, and they come in a huge range of colors (many of which are vegan, and clearly labeled as such).  They glide on easily, too, which is a huge selling point for me, especially because I like to wear them on my waterline.

2.  Sephora Waterproof Eye Kohl in Keep Black - $9
http://sephora.com/waterproofeyekohl

This is my favorite affordable eyeliner pencil.  I'd used a few drug store pencils, but this one is great.  The main reason I will be switching to using Perversion when my current pencil runs out is that no one seems to know if this pencil is vegan or not.  It's definitely not tested on animals, but I have no idea if there are any animal products in it so it's time to move on to a new liner.  j0hn also uses this liner.

3.  NARS Larger Than Life Long Wear Eyeliner in Via Veneto (Black) - $23
http://www.narscosmetics.com/color/eyes/~/larger-than-life-long-wear-eyeliner

There are two reason why I love this eyeliner; first of all, you don't sharpen it so there is no loss of product, and once it sets, it is going to stay for a very, very long time.  There are only two reasons I don't like this eyeliner; Perversion is darker and I don't know if it's vegan. I'm still waiting on a vegan list from NARS.

4.  ELF Cream Liner in Black - $3
http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/eyes/eyeliner/cream_eyeliner

This product is amazing for the price.  Once apon a time, Wet N Wild was known for having the most affordable cream liner out there, but ELF's cream liner blows theirs out of the water. j0hn uses this for a base on his eyelids every single day. That boy is hard to please when it comes to black liner.  Their waterproof eyeliner pen is pretty remarkable at a $1 price point.  Both of these items weren't tested on animals, and I think both of them are vegan.  I need to double check that.

5.  MAC Eye Kohl in Fascinating - $15
http://www.maccosmetics.com/products/eyekohl/fascinating

This product was my absolute favorite white eyeliner.  Sadly, MAC is owned by Estee Lauder & that means they are no longer cruelty free.  Other white eyeliners I've been impressed by are Jordana's and Sephora's Nano Liner.  They are both significantly cheaper than the MAC liner, so when Fascinating runs out, you can expect some white liner reviews.  First on the list?  Urban Decay's Yeyo!

1 comment:

  1. I've been looking for a good vegan eyeliner. I usually don't use pencils though because they tend to run and smear easily on me, but I may try the Urban Decay pencil!

    ReplyDelete