Monday, May 7, 2012

FOTD: Urban Decay Love

This is totally irrelevant BUT: I got in mail today from both MSC & a present from fellow Madd Cat & vegan, Danielle.  She sent me this amazing necklace that I used to have a similar one of for years (it was a rat last time, not a bunny) and I've since lost it and was absolutely heartbroken.  When I got this one today I was nearly in tears.  Even j0hn recognized it as soon as I opened the box.  Even more amazing was that I had no idea it was coming!!  That sneaky little dslrbt.  I'm wearing the necklace in the picture because I haven't taken it off since I opened it this morning, haha.  My boss didn't even ask me to take it off at work!


For my makeup today, I wanted to (kind of) recreate a look I did on a client yesterday.  The main differences being that she had the most amazing eyes, both in shape, color and OHMYGOSHLASHES, and, well, I have my eyes.  I kept all of the colors though!!  And it's really faded now but I honestly just wanted to show off my necklace.  XD


My face is sadly faded, but I had on Beauty Without Cruelty's Ultimate Natural Liquid Foundation in Fair [vegan & cruelty-free] , topped with MAC's Studio Finish Concealer in NC20.  I set everything with ELF's HD Powder, which I'm pretty sure is vegan and cruelty free.  I put on the ELF Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder in Luminance, and at work I put on Benefit's Hervana blush and the new Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer in Milk Chocolate (still vegan, by the way).

On my eyes, I started off with the sadly non-vegan Too Faced Shadow Insurance, and drew my brows on with NYX eyeshadow in black.  Then I busted out an old friend, my beloved Urban Decay Deluxe Shadow Box (which only has one vegan shade: Peace).  I put Scratch all over the lid, blended Fishnet across from the outer corner over most of the way to the inner corner, then put Ransom in the outer v.  I used a white liner below my eyes from Jordana, topped with the Wet N Wild Color Icon liner in Cool Green.  I topped that with Graffiti eyeshadow.  My brow highlight is Brulee from Wet N Wild today.  I lined my water lines and tightlined from below the lashes on top more heavily in the middle to make my eyes appear a little rounder with the Sephora + Pantone Universe Color of the Year liner in Chestnut (which is actually quite dark, but sadly, not vegan).  I finished the look by curling my lashes and adding a coat of Tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay mascara to my top and bottom lashes.

My lips are nude now, but I did have on a purple gloss from Buxom.

FTC:  The necklace was a gift.  I received from work/used at work the blush, bronzer, gloss and mascara.  I received the BWC foundation for use and review.  Everything else I paid for with my own money.  I am not being compensated by the brands featured in this post and these are my honest opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment