Thursday, August 23, 2012

TAG: The Liebster Award!

Rules:
1.  Post 11 facts about yourself.
2.  Answer the questions the tagger has set for you.
3.  Create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
4.  Tag 11 people.

11 Facts About Me


1.  I have been vegan for like seven years and straight edge for nearly four years.  Vegans don't eat anything that has anything to do with the animal kingdom.  Including fish.  Ha.
2.  I have post traumatic stress disorder, which causes me to have reoccuring dreams (for as long as I can remember), inappropriate emotional responses, poor attention span, and really random flashbacks.  I also have related insomnia periods and... mood swings, hah.
3.  John and I are child free, but we do share our home with a dog and two cats.  The dog is my baby, the eldest cat his baby, and the youngest our baby; I am in general more of a dog person.
4.  I have been heavier and I have been thinner.  I was much happier at my low weight, both with my appearence and my health.
5.  j0hn says, "you make good foods."
6.  John and I have our home decorated for Halloween year round.  We are really into skeletons and anatomy.  Oh, and pumpkins.  We love pumpkin ANYTHING.
7.  Although I love the freedom of being a freelance artist, I truly love working at Sephora.  I love being able to impact a maximum number of lives because I truly believe (good) makeup can be life changing.
8.  I went to a tech school for communications and broadcasting, then went on to college courses for Electronic Media.  I had to drop out my junior year.  I would go back for Journalism on the magazine track.  I never thought my life would bring me to a career in cosmetics.  I have Lady Gaga and emilynoel83 to blame for that, ha.
9.  My favorite movies range from anything from childhood classics to disgustingly gory horror films.  I tend to avoid a lot of dramas and comedies, but do enjoy an action film now and again.  Also, I tend to prefer films from overseas, and often find my favorite films are remakes of foreign films.
10.  I drink a lot of coffee.  I am on a friendly, first name basis with most of the baristas at the Starbucks in my mall.  They know where I live, where I work, and one may even be my neighbor soon.  It's probably not healthy, but I do look forward to seeing them so it keeps me coming back.
11.  I don't read as much as I used to.  I honestly feeling like I'm losing my intelligence as I age, and it terrifies me.  There are days that I can't even string together words with more than one syllable and I wonder what happened to the sharp young lady that learned SAT vocabulary for fun.

11 questions from Toxid.lotus
1.  My favorite color is apparently green.  It took me a really long time to come to this conclusion, though just easily it could be said my favorite color is black.  My decor is mostly black, my clothes are mostly black, and I love a good black eyeshadow.  But right after that is green.
2.  I have a lot of deep memories.  Most of them were not positive.  I remember being three or four years old, living in a really poor section 8 apartment, and getting in trouble for spraying all of the exterior windows on a "block" with green puffy paint.  I remember having it all over my hands and my favorite Mickey Mouse Safari shirt.  Maybe it wasn't puffy paint, just fabric paint.  I remember being scared because I was in trouble, but mostly being upset that my shirt was ruined.
3.  I have a ton of tattoos.  I really, really, really want to finish my right arm, and get my left sleeve done.  My left arm is going to be all black and grey, and have one panel images from some of my favorite comics.  I need to finish the Year One Batman tattoo, and start my Death of Superman piece.
4.  I love green tea and chai tea.  I love them even more with disgusting amounts of sugar.
5.  I love early fall.  Even though Halloween is a little later, I love the weather in early fall.  The leaves are starting to change, it's cooler, but not cold, and I am not considered as weird as I am the other nine months of the year.  Clearly I'm just really enthusiastic about Halloween!  No one dresses or decorates like that year round, right?!
6.  One?  Indie:  MSC despite the lack of foundation.  "Mainstream":  Urban Decay.
7.  Nothing more than toes and maybe some bones in my left foot.
8.  I love pretty much any scent I have from One Hand Washes the Other.  I also really love Lavanilla's Pure Vanilla fragrance.  I am in love with the new Guerlain Le Petite Robe Noire, Tocca's Violette, and Burberry Brit Sheer.
9.  See above
10.  I have an irrational fear of zombies.  I am terrified of not knowing what the government is doing with bioweapons, and am afraid that something could actually create zombies because of it.  Not necessarily brain eating zombies, because those aren't as scary, but flesh eating, angry, running zombies terrify me to no end.  I think it's because I'm happy with my life and don't want to see something like that happen.
11.  I actually haven't given a lot of thought to what I'll be for Halloween.  No clue.  I'll probably be working and not too worried about it.  I love Halloween year round, so on actual Halloween night, I tend to just wing it.

11 questions from me:
1.  What is your one must have holy grail cosmetic?
2.  Who has been the most influentual person in your life?
3.  Do you have any pets?  What are they?  (Stole this one)
4.  If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
5.  Do you play video games?  What's your favorite?
6.  What would your "last meal" be?
7.  What is the best book you have ever read?  Why?
8.  What is the coolest animal ever?  Why?
9.  What is your all time favorite scent?
10.  What's your "style"?  Home decor, clothing, etc.
11.  Tell us one random memory that you want to share.

I tag:
Everyone!  =D

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh I like you even more! If it wasn't for how sensitive I am to dust (and how much I absolutely abhor dusting) I would bust out the Halloween decorations year-round, too. I want to paint myself purple and go as Lumpy Space Princess (seeing as I've got a baby lump right now) for Halloween, but I'll probably just be lazy and throw on my Harry Potter robe again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really allergic to dust, too. And lazy. I take medicine to ignore both issues. XD

      Have you done this yet!? *runs to your blog to check*

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete