Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Birchbox September 2012: Underwhelmed.

This is the second Birchbox that left me going, "...eh."

This looks like SO MUCH STUFF, right?  It's an illusion!


This is what's really in this box.  I'm excited about two things in this box, indifferent about two, and disappointed in two.  Can you guess which are which?!

1.  Nexxus Pro-Mend Hair Care Samples - $0.25 + $0.37 + $0.21 = $0.83
2.  Benefit Skin Care Samples - $0.47 + $0.49 = $0.96
3.  Color Club Nail Polish in Status Uptade (Update?) 0.25fl oz- $4.00
4.  Twistband - $1.83
5.  Mighty Leaf Tea in Vanilla Bean, Chamomile Citrus and Green Tea Tropical - $1.99
6.  Youngblood Mineral Primer 5ml/0.17floz- $6.97

Total Value: $16.58

There is also a coupon for Madewell ($25.00 off of a $75.00 purchase).  The Lookbook in the box is a collaboration with Madewell.  It's cute, but parts of it kind of miss the fall trends.  This fall is calling for an interesting blend of shades, sages, crimsons, plums; and beige is a timeless color for balancing out so many deep, smoky possibilities.

I'm really, really excited to try the primer from Youngblood.  I've heard the name Youngblood here and there, and my interest has grown in them the more I hear.  The fact that they're so passionate about cruelty free makes me very happy (and curious).  I'm always excited about tea, so these Mighty Leaf samples are no exception.  I've been curious about the whole Twistband craze, so I'm excited to get one to try out.  I'm always happy to receive nail polish, and whereas I hate tiny bottles, I do like the color I received.  The samples leave me underwhelmed and I'm sure I'll pass them on.

I think this is the end of the line for Birchbox and I.  It's been fun, and I've had some good boxes, but overall I'm unimpressed.

1 comment:

  1. I am one of the people who loves the tiny polish bottles... because in spite of giving away every other bottle of polish I manage to get I never make a dent in them. It'd be awesome to finish a non-mini polish some day.

    ReplyDelete