Saturday, July 11, 2015

Cruelty Free Brands at My Sephora

Disclaimer: This post is specific to my location.  There may be more options at your local Sephora.  If a company is on this list, they, nor do their parent companies, test on animals.  If you see any mistakes, please let me know immediately!  This post actually exists as a reference point for a co-worker on my days off.  This list was last updated 9/3/2015.

Color Brands:
1. Too Faced
2. Josie Maran
3. Hourglass
4. Cover FX
5. Tarte*
6. Kat Von D**
7.  Becca Cosmetics

Skincare Brands:
1. Dr. Dennis Gross
2. First Aid Beauty
3. AmorePacific
4. Drunk Elephant
5. DERMAdoctor
6. Lavanila
7. Sunday Riley
8. NUDE Skincare
9. Korres***
10.  Coola Suncare
11.  Supergoop! Skincare

Haircare:
1. Alterna
2. WEN by Chaz Dean
3. Verb Products (not in my store, but Texas local!!)

I have more research to do on haircare.  I will add brands as I find more info on them.

For a more thorough list, check Cruelty Free Kitty's Sephora list.  She is diligent and constantly updates it.

Tarte*: has been bought by Kose.  I am having a hard time finding any information on this brand in general.  They are a Japanese brand so I'm assuming they sell in mainland China, but I honestly don't know.  If you have helpful information on the brand (in english), please link me!
Kat Von D**: is a Sephora brand.  There for, it is Kendo, and falls under the LVMH umbrella.  I list her here because for some reason a lot of people are still totally comfortable buying her despite this.
Korres***: Korres has taken control of their company again and become independent. The worrisome thing is their products have been seen on websites that operate in mainland China.  The brand is claiming it's unauthorized and is working to get the items removed.  For now, I believe them, but we'll have to see what the future holds for Korres.
I have since taken Murad & Kate Somerville off of the list.  In June they were both purchased by Unilever.  Both brands will remain cruelty free, but their parent company tests.

8 comments:

  1. I think that BECCA (color brand/makeup) is also CF. I don't know if they sell it at your Sephora, but it is sold in Sephoras in general. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't in my Sephora, but I think I'm going to add it to this list because it is awesome and I wouldn't want someone passing on it because they don't see it here! Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
  2. I noticed that Urban Decay is not on this list... is that because of the parent company?

    ... figuring all this out is one hell of a job. I am a newbie vegan and drowning in info. I am about to go to Sephora to return a bunch of stuff they told me was vegan and is not. *sigh*

    I am looking for a mascara and brushes but having one hell of a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Unfortunately, most people don't understand exactly what goes into a product being cruelty free and vegan! For mascara at sephora, the too faced Better Than Sex is vegan and CF. Furthermore, I know from a trusted source that Ester Lauder tried to buy TF and Jerrod turned them down!!! ♡ For brushes, you can do synthetic ones at sephora, sets being the antibacterial or airbrush sets, or any of the makeup forever bamboo line at sephora. However, if you're investing in all new brushes, I'd get real techniques! Most of my brushes are from that brand and I love them!

      Delete
  3. What about glamglow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glam Glow is owned by Estee Lauder and I think they are also sold in China because of it.

      Delete
  4. Know your body at it's current fitness level. This is your starting point; establish realistic goals.

    Mix up the grip to build back muscles. To get more strength, try a mixed or a staged grip with your play bazaar

    play bazaar

    play bazaar deadlifts and your rack pulls. This stops the bar from moving all around in your hands.

    ReplyDelete