Friday, July 3, 2015

L'Oreal Ultimate Straight Hair System

Disclaimer:  I received these items to review from Influester.  This doesn't change my opinion; you guys know I'm brutally honest.  Also, these items are not cruelty free, and they are not vegan.

I received the Influester Voxbox for the Ultimate Straight hair system from L'Oreal Paris USA.  It's a four piece system including your usual shampoo and conditioner, but also a pre-conditioner and a smoothing balm.  I really like the packaging for these products because I can tell what they are without having my contacts in, which is not unheard of when I shower.

The packages are easy to tell apart when I'm half blind.
Straightening Shampoo:  My hair is a medium texture, completely virgin, and my primary concerns are frizz and my oily scalp.  I always shampoo twice, and I only wash my hair twice a week.  That means I need a shampoo to be clarifying, but not leave my hair dry.  This shampoo fit the bill. This leaves my hair straight and smooth, but without leaving a build up in my hair.  I was pleasantly surprised.  Shampoo is the hardest for my hair.

Straight Boosting Pre-conditioner: The first time I used this, I didn't completely read the instructions and rinsed it out.  I wasn't sure it made a difference, until I used it a second time, following the directions.  I definitely think this makes a difference in my hair, and I would rather use a rinse out pre-condition than a leave in product.

Straightening Conditioner: I really like this conditioner.  It is thick and easy to work with, but it rinses cleanly and doesn't leave my hair weighed down.  I am a fan.  My hair is silky and soft, but not heavy or oily.  There really isn't much else to say, it's exactly what my hair needs.

Straight Perfecting Balm: This is a product that I think would be helpful if I was actually heat styling.  I tried a little of it and didn't hate it, but it wasn't what I really like to use.  I prefer something I can spritz where I need it, instead of balms or creams that I have to work through my hair.  I think girls with course hair or those who are actually using a flat iron would love this balm.  I may pass this on to one of the girls at work to try, or try it in Aaron's hair.

Overall // Tl; Dr:  I would recommend this system!  My hair seems to be doing well with it.  I could also see this working for a large range of hair textures and types.  If you do any chemically processing to your hair (treatment, color), it's important that you know that this is not a sulfate free line.

That's some mermaid hair if I may say so.


UPDATE:  I am posting this update on 8/28/2015.  I am experiencing a TON of hair loss.  The only thing that has changed is this shampoo.  My last shower, I switched to another shampoo and conditioner and I'm already noticing less hair loss.  I don't know what to say about that.  I don't want to say it was making my hair fall out, but it appears to have been the cause.

1 comment:

  1. play bazaar

    satta king

    satta king It is imperative that you eat well while trying to build muscle. Your body needs specific vitamins and nutrients in order to be able to properly build and maintain your muscles.

    ReplyDelete